Monday, October 6, 2008

Weird Weekend

I had a pretty weird weekend, but it started last Wed. Last week, I called my mom to see how she was doing (she had surgery on her leg and was in the hospital) She was doing fine, but my dad got on the phone and told me that my grandma was not doing good and if we wanted to see her again, we should come up there soon. She had been on dialysis and said she wasn't going to take it anymore. So, we decided to go up there over the weekend. So, we were all ready to leave on Thursday, but on Wed. my car got broken into. And it was in the middle of the church parking lot. I just happened to see the guy so we made a police report, but he stole my iPod and a gift that I had in the car for my nephew and niece.
I had some other things go on that I really don't want to get in to that much (like I nailed a dog in my car somewhere outside of Wichita Falls). But we got up to Oklahoma City and had a pretty good tie considering what we were going up there for. We saw my grandma, but she didn't remember who I was, but she remembered Parker and Suzy. Weird! We hung out with my brother and his family a lot. He has a son who is about 6 weeks younger than Parker so they played a lot. We also took them all out to a Pumpkin patch that had a petting zoo, pony rides, hay rides, and a corn maze. They loved it.
We saw grandma again on Saturday, and she wasn't looking very good. She couldn't stay awake. We knew it was just a matter of time. She passed away on Sunday morning around 3 a.m. We had to leave around 7 to come back to Texas. It's sad, but she's been sick for years and we have been preparing for it for a while. I'm sadder about my grandpa having to be alone after being married for 60 or so years.
On the way home, we picked up Suzy's brother and sister in Dallas who decided over the weekend to come out for a visit, which added to the weirdness. I'm happy they came and think it will be a fun visit, but it was just all pretty sudden. Anyways, that's pretty much what happened over the last couple of days.

No comments: