Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hoops of Hope

On November 30, the junior high ministry is participating in Hoops of Hope, which is an organization that helps to raise money for AIDS affected orphans in Africa. It's similar to a walk-a-thon where people go out and get donations, but instead of walking, we take free-throws. In fact, we take 1,000 free throws. I'm going to participate with the kids, and my goal is to raise $1,000. I figure I'll make around 300 free-throws of the 1000, which means I have to get enough people to get $3.33 per shot. If you would like to support me and give a quarter or dime for each shot I make, that would be wonderful. If you would like to support by giving a set amount, like $10, that would be great. I put a link on my blog that you can donate to, and I've created a first givings account that you can donate to which is www.firstgiving.com/johncampbell. Or, you can just let me know and I can write it down, whichever way is easiest for you guys. But it's a great way to help people around the world.

No comments: