Monday, June 9, 2008

13 Best Things about my trip to North Carolina

This past weekend, I went to Boone, North Carolina for my friend's, Jay, wedding. Here are the 13 things that I liked best about it.

13. I got to eat a lot of cake. I got there on Thursday, which was Jay's birthday, and we had cake from then until after the wedding.

12. I read the entire book, "21: Bringing Down the House" on my way up there. I felt like I was getting away with something, because that was what the book was about. I kept an eye out for "the man" who was trying to catch me, even though I didn't do anything but read.

11. I met some cool people. Jimmy's girlfriend was super-cool. Jay's wife was super cool, and so was her family. One of Jay's friends from Denver, Josh was super-cool. He told us some stories about when he was in the war in Iraq. Crazy stuff.

10. Rock Band. One night a bunch of us played rock band until about 2 in the morning.

9. Messing up Jay's car. We wrote a bunch of stuff all over his windows and covered it with toilet paper and seran wrap. Because Jay and his wife are missionaries, I wrote "Missionary Position, here I come." And then I covered it with toilet paper. I thought Jay would read it later after he left and started to clean the car. Instead, he pulled off all the toilet paper and seran wrap before he left, which uncovered that window with the writing on it. Jay's dad is an old Southern Baptist preacher. He saw missionary and started reading it out loud, and then he kinda trailed off after he saw that position came after missionary. It was super-funny, but I was embarrassed a little bit too.

8. The food was great. I had some prime rib at the wedding. I had a steak at the rehearsal dinner. I had ribs the night before that.

7. Paintball. We played on Friday morning. I got a lot of kills, and only one welt. Jay and Josh had some big welts, which cracked me up.

6. The farts. Jimmy, Jay, and Josh ate something on Friday night that gave them gas all weekend. Josh had the second smelliest fart that has ever entered my nose. It was awful, but at the same time, very entertaining.

5. Listening to Jim Gaffigan. He's freakin' funny, and it's funnier listening to him with people who have never heard him.

4. We watched "The Best of Chris Farley" and it was awesome. I love the Japanese Game Show.

3. Hanging out with Jimmy. We don't get to see each other very often, but I have a great time talking with him and telling funny stories with him.

2. Hanging out with Jay. I never get to see this guy since he lives half-way around the world. He's hilarious. He's also the most passionate person I have ever met about building the Kingdom of God.

1. Jay's wedding. Jay has wanted to get married more than any other person I have ever met. He finally found the right girl. It was awesome being a part of it, and getting to hear the preacher say, "I now present to you Mr. and Mrs. Jay Pratt." And the crowd went wild.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Anna and I had a good laugh that the top 13. I would totally agree with you about Josh's gas. Anna noticed that you didn't put the "Shine" that Daniel got for us. If you can write about our "M" position, why not mention that part 2!!!
Anna is sick and we are here in Hoochi-Coochiville (aka Bkk)
Love ya bro,
Glad you had an awesome Beach Blast retreat.
Jay and Anna