Saturday, June 21, 2008

Baptist Children's Home

Today, several of us went out to the Baptist Children's Home to play soccer with the migrant kids. Man, those kids are good. I've been working out a lot and exercising, and thought I was getting in o.k. shape (I'm still way out of shape, but better than I was). By the end I was weezing like...well, I can't think of a good analogy. Anyways, I was weezing really bad. It was about 110 and I was about to have a heat stroke. I scored one goal. Corbin scored one. Other than that, the only goals are team scored were for the other team. Those kids are super good.

It's cool to get to go hang out with these guys. They're just sitting there waiting to be deported, and whenever somebody comes to hang out with them, they get super-excited. I just wish it was cooler so we could have stayed longer. And hopefully, when they get back to Hondurus, or Ecuador, or Venezuelar, or wherever they're from, they'll remember some white kids came and hung out with them and tried to talk Spanish to them, and that they were from a church, and they'll decide to see what church is all about, and out of that experience God.

No comments: