Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sunday Morning Impact


I think we had a pretty good Sunday overall. Our game was a little weak though. We had 7 students come up to the front of the stage. We gave each of them a bowl of Rice Crispees. They had to eat as much of them as they could in one minute without using their hands. Alyssa was the winner. It seems like she wins every time she plays the game. None of the kids ate very many though.
Nathan led worship, and he did a pretty good job. I didn't know a couple of the songs, which is o.k., but the kids don't sing as well as they do on the songs they do know. But, I think it's great that he's teaching us new songs, which eventually the kids will know and sing to. It's just that getting acquainted part that is hard.
Our lesson was about going to church. I did the opener. I talked about how I feel that we don't take church as serious as we should. We (and I say 'we' because I do this too) come in late, we don't pay attention, and we make excuses for not going. Church is where we come to worship God. It's not for socialization and entertainment (although that's what we've begun to make it into). It's for worship. And if we really want to worship God, then why would be late. Why would we want to miss it. I know if I was going to a movie, I make sure I get there early so I don't miss any of it, not even the previews. It's sad that we don't have the same motivation about church, which is so much more important than any movie we could ever see.

No comments: