Sunday, May 4, 2008

Born Standing Up


This was the autobiography of Steve Martin
. I love Steve Martin. I love the 3 Amigos. I love The Jerk. I even liked him in Father of the Bride. I think he's funny. He's also super smart. This book was about his stand up comedy life, which he quit and never looked back on in 1981.

What I really liked about this book was that it talked about his philosophy about comedy and how he came up with his material. Some of it was weird, and some of it you could see him doing it. He used magic and banjo and a ton of props in his act. I wish I could have seen it.

I liked this book a lot. In fact, when it was over, I even read the acknowledgments because I didn't really want it to be over. He used a lot of his jokes in the book, and how he came up with them. He talked about how he came up with the idea for The Jerk. If you like Steve Martin, if you like stand-up comedy, then you'll think this book is awesome.

No comments: