Monday, May 12, 2008

Sunday Morning Impact


Game: Good
Music: Good
Opener: Good
Small Group: Good

I think this was a pretty average Sunday for us. Nothing super special happened. It was good, and I think the lesson the kids were taught was a good one. But the energy just seemed to be down a little bit. I'll blame it on the wind.
In our game, the kids had to go out and find people who met a certain criteria. For example, they had to find somebody who had hair longer than 5 inches. They had to find somebody who had been out of the country. There were several little things like this. The first 2 to finish got a prize. I think it was good because kids got up and got around and had chances to talk to people they might not ordinarily talk to.
Gideon led worship. He always does a good job. But like I said, the energy was down a little bit. He did some new songs, and they were good. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.
Our lesson was about ministry, and how we are required by God to serve others and love others. I talked about a bunch of needs that are happening all over the world. From hunger, to slavery, to the lack of clean water and medicine. Problems are happening all over the place, and we can't just sit back and figure it's too big of a problem to not do anything about. We have 3 more lessons over this idea, and I'm excited about it. I hope the kids can think of some ways that they can help and influence others.
Overall, it was a good week.

No comments: