Wednesday, May 7, 2008

First-born kids really do have it tougher, new research finds


This was an interesting article about parenting children. It says that first-born kids have a tougher time on discipline than the younger kids. I knew this growing up. I always had different standards applied to me than my brothers. Also, I had a lot of younger cousins around. I was always the oldest. I always had a little more responsibility and a lot more discipline than my brother. If we got into a fight, even if he started it and punched me 10 times, and then I punched him back once, I was the one who got in trouble. If he didn't want to clean the bedroom we shared, he got away with it because he was so young. This is a couple of things I can remember. Anyways, I could go on and on, but just to let you know that this was a great article for parents. Check it out.

No comments: