Thursday, April 3, 2008

13 Days I Wish I could relive over again

This is going to be a list of days that I wish I could experience one more time. Some of them are going to be because they were so great that I just would love that experience again. Some of them are because there is something that I would like to change about that day.

1. The day we finally beat the Stingers in soccer. The Stingers were my arch enemies when I was a kid playing soccer. I played against them every year from when I was 6 to 12. When I was 11, on Halloween, we finally beat them 2-1. Then I went trick-o-treating with some friends off my team. It was the best day ever (at least to that point).

2-4. The days I graduated. This includes high school, college, and seminary. They were just such fun days. I liked walking across the stage. It was fun to have the cap and gown. It was cool to have a ceremony for all the hard work and studying that I did (even though I didn't do hardly any work or studying in high school).

5. The day I sprained my ankle on the snowmobile accident. I would relive this day to prevent me from flipping the snowmobile. I was showing off to some friends and almost ran into a tree. Instead of letting off the gas, I just jumped off the snowmobile. I'm an idiot. It was fun day with a couple of my best friends, Jay and Jimmy, and then I had to go and hurt myself super bad.

6. Parker's Birthday. It was a fun and exciting day. I mean the delivery was pretty disgusting, and I almost passed out, but after that, getting to hold Parker and seeing him for the first time, was amazing. I can't explain it. I had a lot of friends there too, who just happened to be visiting us. Suzy had a bunch of friends that came out. It was a fun day. Plus I would be able to tell the doctor to do a better job, and hopefully Suzy wouldn't have gotten sick and been in ICU for the next 2 weeks.

7. One day Suzy and I had nothing to do. We were sitting there in her apartment one Saturday, and we couldn't come up with anything that would be fun. So I suggested we drive up to Oregon. So, we borrowed her roommate's convertible, and drove up to Oregon. It took us about 6 hours to get there, then we ate dinner, and drove back. It was fun driving through some of the most beautiful parts of the country, right along the California Coast. Suzy and I had a great time that day.

8. The day I decided to get my hair styled curly. I didn't have much money, so I went to the beauty college. The guy butchered my hair and gave me a Jerri-curl (not sure how to spell it). I told him I didn't want old woman little curls. I want a white boy fro like the guitarist of Incubus. Instead I got old lady curls and it was bleach blond. I just saw a picture of it last week, and there are a lot of times in my life when I thought I looked bad...This one takes the cake, with a brownie on the side. It was awful. Then instead of shaving my head, I kept it until my hair grew out enough for me to cut it and it look somewhat ok.

9. In college I went to see a couple of bands: Chevelle, Fold Zandura, and The Insyderz. Chevelle was great, and this was their 2nd show outside of Michigan. Nobody knew who they were yet. Fold Zandura was awesome, and I met some random girl and danced with her. Then The Insyderz were freakin' amazing, and during my favorite song, "Sacrifice," they pulled me up onto stage to sing with them. It was a good day.

10. The day I drove into San Francisco. It was raining. I saw the ocean. Everything was so cool. My first impression of San Francisco was beauty. I felt at home.

11. My brother's wedding. I married them, but I called his wife the wrong name. I would go back and call her the right name. But in my defense...I had only met her one time, the day before. But I feel real bad about that.

12. The day Ryan and I went surfing in San Diego. We had just flown into town and went and ate at the In & Out. Ryan is so much fun, and we were just joking around and having a good time. I looked ridiculous in the wet suit. It was exhausting, but it was still a super fun day. Then we went and ate at some place right on the ocean.

13. Suzy and my wedding day. I was upset with Suzy for most of the morning, but when I saw her, it all pretty much went away. She was beautiful. All of our friends were there. We ate a lot of Korean BBQ (even though it wasn't the good stuff). It was a fun day.

No comments: