Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Anniversary

Today is Suzy and my 3 year anniversary. It's amazing how much has changed in the last three years, which have seemed to fly by. So, today I'm going to do 13 things that have changed since April 2, 2005.

1. We were living in San Francisco, not we live in San Antonio.

2. Parker Silas Campbell

3. I don't have a gall bladder any more

4. My brother has had 2 kids

5. I've changed jobs

6. I bought a new car

7. I've been to Hawaii

8. We live in a house now

9. I dress better

10. My tongue and eyebrows are no longer pierced

11. I've lost a lot of weight

12. We have a pool in our backyard

13. The Juliana Theory, Vendetta Red, Five Iron Frenzy and a million other bands have broken up.

Here are some things that are the same.

1. I drive too fast

2. I listen to punk rock super loud

3. I work with teenagers

4. Suzy's still Korean

5. Suzy still gets upset with me for playing Halo (although now it's Halo 3 instead of Halo 2)

6. I have intentions of exercising that get pushed aside by laziness and television watching or Internet browsing

7. I still dye my hair.

8. I still have a tattoo

9. The Simpson's is my favorite show

10. I would rather watch cartoons than the news

11. I like monkeys

12. I love the ocean (and wish I lived near it again)

13. I still love Suzy more than anything.

OK, so some of them are dumb (well most of them) but it seems like a lot has changed in 3 years, even though the wedding seems like it was just the other day. I remember hanging out with my friends. I remember playing soccer the night before I got married (I scored twice). I remember singing karaoke with the entire wedding party. And now I have so much more responsibility with Parker, Harvest, and the house. I'm not complaining about my life now, I love it (except that I wish it was closer to the ocean and mountains and old friends) but it's just so different and it changed so much in such a short period of time. But I still love Suzy.

1 comment:

MMA Lady said...

Man, John - that's a lot of stuff! I think about that stuff, too, about how my life has changed so much since I moved from CA. And like you, life is much different, but I still like it. It's just different. I can't believe I'm having my fourth kid in July! Life gets crazy, doesn't it?