Monday, April 14, 2008

Sunday Morning Impact


Music: Great
Game: Great
Message: Great
Small Group: Good

I would say this was an above average weekend with a below average attendance. The game we played is one of my favorites. We had 3 volunteers come up, and then they each got to choose a partner. The volunteer had to put a glob of shaving cream all over their face. When I said "Go!" the partner started throwing goldfish crackers at their face. Whoever had the most stuck in the shaving cream at the end of a minute was the winner. Josh won with 34 fish on his face.
Gideon led worship and he always does a great job. We didn't have the front row of seats in because of the game, so a lot of the kids walked up to the front of the stage. I wish that we could do that more often.
Our small group lesson was about heaven, but for my opener I talked about the Baptist Children's Home and everything that we did there on Saturday. I talked to the kids about how even showing some love by doing a little thing like talking to a hurting kid or playing basketball with a hurting kid can do so much. I hope that more will go with us next month when we go back to play soccer with the migrant kids.
My small group went by super fast. I didn't finish because we got to talking about the first few verses for so long. The lesson was about what we are going to look like when we get to heaven. Are we going to have the same bodies. Are we going to be able to pick our bodies. Of course when I asked what they wanted their bodies to be like in heaven, I got the range of answers that could only come from a group of 6th grade boys: green like an alien; big arms, short legs; wings; no feet, just a spiral thing at the bottom where I could float; one arm shorter than the other so I can fake people out with my short arm and then grab them with my long arm. Those are a few of the answers that I can remember. I love hanging out with these kids.

No comments: