Friday, July 4, 2008

Beach Blast Day Four

I'm a few days behind. On Wed. we had another great day. The junior high had their competition down on the beach today. We did a bunch of line relays. The kids were great. They were really encouraging to each other, even though the sand was super hot. Everybody was involved, and it seemed like everybody had fun. We did one game, bat spin, which was my favorite. They had to spin around 10 times around a wooden peg, with their head down, then run to a cone and back. Some ran to wrong cones. Some ran and fell down...several times. It was hilarious.
Jared Hall did a magic show for us during worship. I had seen him a few times, so I had seen most of his tricks, but they still amaze me. He is very funny with his act too. So since then, a lot of kids have become amateur magicians since he has been here. But he brought in a lot of spiritual illustrations with his illusions. He escaped from a straight jacket, and talked about how we need to escape from sin. He did a great job.
I forgot to mention that we had nerds night on Monday night. We had a lot of kids dress up and have a good time. Jesse Kieslich won. I got fourth. Personally, I think I was hosed. But I put up a few pictures from that night and thought I should explain those pictures a little bit. Sharlette says hey, by the way.

No comments: