Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Beach Blast Day Three

Today was our special day at Beach Blast, where we got to go to Schlitterbahn. So, everything was a little bit different today. We didn't have any team competitions. We ate lunch at the water park. We ate dinner at the Golden Coral. Just everything was a little different as far as the schedule went.
We still had our morning service. I haven't talked about it yet, because this was the first one I've been able to go to. Usually, I'm setting up for competitions, so I don't get to listen to the morning sessions. But this morning was great. Mark talked about our attitudes, mainly towards the Bible. We say that the Bible is the most important book that has ever been written, but we don't spend time learning about it. We don't spend time reading it, or learning it. It was a good message for me to hear at least, and I think it was good for the kids.
Schlitterbahn was awesome. I did the Boogie Board thing twice. On this ride, they shoot a wave up, and you get on a boogie board and it's like you're riding a continuous wave. It's super fun...if you ride the wave. The bad thing is that sometimes, you go down, and then right back up over the wave. You stand in line for about 30 minutes, and then your ride is 7 seconds. The first time, I stayed on for a while, and then I tried a barrel roll and flipped out. The second time I fell right over the wave. I waited for 45 minutes and I rode it for 4.5 seconds. I did the 2 wedgie rides, where you shoot down this super-steep slide and land in a foot or so of water. I then spend the next few minutes retrieving my swimsuit from my colon. I think the kids had a great time, but it wore us out.
The worship tonight was great again. The kids are getting more comfortable with the band, and the band is getting more comfortable being with our kids. Tonight, the music was great, and you could feel the Spirit moving in the kids' lives. Mark Matlock spoke about humility. I don't know, but it may have been a message more directed at me than the students. I was worried about tonight a little bit because all of the kids were so tired (as well as all of the adults), but I think everybody stayed connected for the most part. Some of his points to take home were the 4 things that keep us from being humble. 1. We have a false sense of independence. 2. We think the world revolves around us. 3. We think we know it all. 4. We have a false sense of invulnerability. I think pride destroys more believers than almost any other sin. And we don't even see it coming, because we think we have everything under control. A lot of students responded to the invitation. I know of a few who became believers tonight (really, I'm so happy about this that I could tear up). I know of a lot more who are going to follow God deeper. I think today has been the best day.
Here are some pictures from the first few days.


















No comments: