Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sunday Morning Impact

This weekend was a great weekend. We started off with a game called "Starburst Stack." Two kids had to lay down on tables feet to feet. Two other kids had one minute to stack as many Starburst as they could on their forehead. Whoever had the highest stack would win. One group had 8 but it fell right at the end, so they only had one. The other group had 2, so they won.

Nathan led worship. He did a great job. The more times he leads worship the better he gets. I think in a few years he will be great.

We had a time for Beach Blast Testimonies where kids could come up and tell everybody what they did at Beach Blast and what God did for them or taught them at Beach Blast. I think of testimonies as stories, so I told them it was story-time. I wanted a bunch of kids to come up, so I said they could come and tell even a funny story if they wanted. That's what it became. One funny story after another. A few kids got up and talked about what God did in their life, but mainly it became funny stories. That was my fault because of the way I communicated things in the beginning. That's the one thing that I wish I would have done better for Sunday, because I know that there were kids who got up and told a story that God did big things in their lives, and they didn't communicate that part because they were talking about scaring somebody or something else. But even with that, it was a great weekend.

No comments: