Saturday, July 12, 2008

Hancock

I went and saw Hancock today. I haven't been to a movie in forever. I never get time. There really hasn't been anything that has interested me. But I do like Will Smith and most of his movies.

This was about a guy who is a superhero and he doesn't know how he became one. He's the only one of his kind and he's lonely. The beginning of the movie he's kind of a jerk and the people don't like him. He then begins to change and tries to do a better job. People then begin to like him. I won't give anything else away, but that stuff you can pretty much get from the previews. It's got some cool special effects and some good action. I also liked how it focused more on the humanity of Hancock and the super powers were more of a secondary concept. Most superhero movies focus on the powers more and the problems of heroes as a secondary part of the story. Even in X-Men, you see Wolverines powers foremost and his amnesia and stuff as a secondary part of the plot.

I couldn't really tell you why, but I really liked the movie. I think Will Smith did a great job, and Jason Bateman is becoming one of my favorite actors.

No comments: