Monday, July 21, 2008

Sunday Morning Impact


It started off pretty crazy because there were all sorts of sound equipment problems. Most of the band and the guys who run sound are on the trip to Jamaica, so I think it went pretty good in spite of all of that. Gideon led worship, and I think he was harder on himself than he needed to be. I think he did a great job. He only had Andrew with him on keyboards, so no bass and no drummer. Morgan did sing with him though. I thought it was great.
Charles Vickers, our 8th grade boys teacher, led the big group. It was his first time to speak to us, and I'm glad he did. I think he did an excellent job. He spoke about holiness. He said there were 3 keys to Holy living. First, Be Different. Live your life that isn't going to go along with the rest of the crowd. For him, he didn't listen to certain music or watch Rated R movies. Second, Be Diligent. Stand your ground and find people who can help support you. Third, Be Dedicated. Dedicate yourself to God and obeying his Words.
I think he did great, and we are going to have to use him more often to speak to the kids. He had a song for us to listen to at the end to go along with his sermon on holiness by Wes King. Unfortunately, we had some more sound problems and he wasn't able to play the song. It wasn't his fault at all, it was just one of those dumb things that happens. But besides that, everything went great.
I spoke to the high school group during their service. I haven't got to speak to them in a long, long time. I basically did the same exact thing that I did on Wed. Night for the Jr. high. I think they liked it and got something out of it. It was a pretty small group since a lot of the kids were in Jamaica for the Mission Trip. But they seemed to listen and agree with the things that I said (hopefully).

No comments: