Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Diary of a Wimpy Kid




I'm really not sure how I came across this book, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, but I'm glad I did. It's the diary of a middle school kid. Of course he calls it a journal and he's only doing it because his mom is making him, but he also figures that, when he gets rich and famous, this diary can help him answer questions about his childhood. He can just "go read the book."

I think this book did a great job at capturing middle school life. I remember going through some of the weird stuff that this kid went through (the cheese touch was brilliant). The kid also could not comprehend consequences. I see middle school kids do this all the time. They do stuff and have no idea why they are getting in trouble or why people are mad at them.

I thought this book was hilarious. It has little comic strips in it to illustrate how the kid sees things going on around him. This is a book written for middle school kids, but I think if you have middle school kids or work with them, you would like this book. If you are a middle school boy, you would probably really like this book too.

No comments: