Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Parker...2 years later

We celebrated Parker's 2 year birthday on Monday. I can't believe he's already 2. Here are the my Top 13 favorite Parker moments.

1. One day I was getting him some breakfast and he came in and closed the refrigerator and started hopping around saying "woo hoo!" It was the first time I heard him say "woo hoo." It was hilarious.

2. One day I was playing with him, and I started jumping, and he would laugh and laugh. Then he started trying to jump. Now he just jumps around all the time. Anytime he's happy he jumps around.

3. Parker was in a school program and he was supposed to stand on a step, but he got bored and started walking around the stage and dancing and smiling at everybody.

4. One day he was jumping in his little jumper, and I was putting his car seat together. He was crying a little bit, and then I looked over at him, and he had pooped down his leg and was jumping up and down in it. I had to clean the poop out of his toenails.

5. When he started learning animals sounds. It's hilarious to see him roar like a bear or a dinosaur. Parker making a sound like a horse is hysterical.

6. At his birthday party, he figured out that he could jump into the pool and his floaties would keep him up. He must have climbed out and jumped into the pool 20 times, and every time he would yell, "YEA."

7. When he was a little baby, he would crawl over to me and fart in my face and crawl away laughing.

8. When he started talking back to the t.v. He mostly does in on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Veggie Tales. And anytime the credits start coming he says, "Bye bye" and "see ya later."

9. At his first birthday party we gave him a cake. He hadn't eaten any sugar really before that. At first he wasn't sure if he was going to like it and he put just a little bit in his hand and took a bite. And it was as if he discovered some kind of extraordinary greatness. He devoured that cake.

10. The first time he said "da da." At the time he was just making sounds so I'm still not sure if it was directed towards me, but I tell Suzy that he said "da da" first.

11. Every morning he wakes up, and I say "I love you" and he tries to say it back and gives me a hug.

12. The first time he held my finger the day he was born.

13. When I first got to hold him after they cleaned him on the day he was born. He was so little, and I felt like I could have tossed him through the ceiling when I lifted him because I wasn't expecting him to be so lite.

We really do have an awesome kid, and I know that we are blessed to have Parker in our lives. I just hope we don't screw him up.

No comments: