Monday, September 29, 2008

Sunday Morning Impact

Yesterday morning was an above average Sunday Morning. We had very good attendance. Nathan led worship, and did a great job. Our game was fun. We had 2 kids from each grade and gender come up. I gave them each 20 lifesavers, and one of the kids had to lick the lifesaver and stick it to the other's face. It was a lot of fun. The 6th grade girls were the winners.
We finished our series on wisdom. I told some stories off of the Darwin Awards website, and showed how important it is to have wise friends who will keep you from doing foolish things. My small group had a great time, and we talked a lot about how important it is to have wise friends and watch out for the foolish ones. And we defined wisdom as somebody who knows the difference between right and wrong and chooses to do right. I think my 7th grade boys have a pretty good grasp of this, although they think being foolish is a lot more fun.

No comments: