Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sunday Morning Impact

I think this was a pretty good week. It was the first week that the new 6th graders got to go into their small groups. It was also Jerry's last day with us. His son, Josh, led worship for us.
We played a game that I made up. It was called Simon Says Extreme. Basically, it was "Simon Says" but we added a twist. I gave a couple of guys nerf balls. They soaked them in a water bucket, and then chunked them at kids. If the kid dodged the ball or caught the ball, then they would be out because Simon didn't say catch the ball or dodge. Most of the kids just took it. It ended up not going as well as I had hoped. I think next time we need to make the water balls wetter. I had the guys squish most of the water out of them before they threw them. But it was fun.
Our lesson was about speaking truth. So many times people think that there are several ways to get to heaven. No one has the right truth. So how do we talk to people about truth without putting their defensives up. Jesus spoke about difficult truths, and used everyday things that everybody knew about to explain them. We used the passage from John, where Jesus said that he was the "bread of life." I think it went pretty good. My small group seemed to understand and had a good concept of the teaching and the scripture. So overall, I think it was a good week.

No comments: