Friday, September 12, 2008

The Shack


I just finished this book. It only took me a couple of days to read it. It's the story about a man who has an encounter with God. It was a really amazing story. It helped me think about what it means to be in relationship with God. I say I have one, but when I think about it...it's broken at best. There were a couple of things that I am concerned about. The author speaks as God, and says things as though God is saying them about himself. None of it was unbiblical, however, I could sense a lot of Western, post-modern philosophy in God's words. I don't want to take anything away from the book, I think it was great, but we can't put our philosophies and cultures onto God because God is above that. But in any circumstance, whether it's a book, or a movie, or a sermon, or a conversation, we need to be careful to back truth we speak up with Scripture.
So, as far as this book, "The Shack," goes, I can only say 2 more words about it: READ IT!

No comments: