Sunday, February 3, 2008

New York Giants


So, Pastor John has been saying for weeks that there's no use in watching the Super Bowl because everybody already knows who is going to win. He was implying that the Patriots were going to win because they had the perfect season.
I hate the Patriots. Tom Brady was awesome all year and was the reason I did so well in my fantasy football league, but I hate the Patriots as a team. Just like I hate the Yankees, but I like Jeter. So, I'm so happy that the Giants came together and won tonight, in one of the most exciting Super Bowls ever (next to the Jaguars/Titans in 2000).
It's crazy how insane people get over this game. I was excited when Eli escaped the sack and threw a 30 yard pass to complete the first down. I was yelling at the t.v. at different times, scaring Parker. And I didn't even care. I got so excited about this game, and I realized that I rarely get this excited about God. I don't know what it is. I've experienced God in some great times of worship, and I still didn't yell and get as excited as I did tonight in a game between 2 teams I really don't even care about. I don't know WHAT needs to change, but I know something definitely has to change in my priorities.

No comments: