Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday Morning Impact


This was a great Sunday Morning at Impact. It was definitely an above average week. We started, again, with a game that I made up. I need to come up with a name for it, so if you can think of any, let me know. Basically, the kids had to stand on one leg while holding the other leg with their hand. Then they had to hop around the room. The last one still on one leg at the end would win. But when I said go, they could try to knock the other people over. I was expecting some of the guys to win, but Bree and Jamiqua won. But to be fair, we started to let high school kids play and they went after the bigger boys. But I think it was a fun game.
Gideon led worship again. I know I say this every time, but he does an awesome job. The coolest thing about this week is that 4 of the people leading were junior highers. Only Gideon and Andrew were up there who weren't in middle school. Andrew was playing the keyboards and Santos was on bass. Amber and Morgan were singing. I think it was awesome that they were leading out like that. I hope to see that more often, and maybe eventually have our own junior high band.
Jeff Roussin, one of the high school volunteers, spoke this morning. I love Jeff, and he's a good friend. I think he is one of the most passionate people for Christ that I know. So, I've been looking forward to him speaking to us all week. He spoke about 1 Timothy 4:12, "Don't let anybody look down on you because you are young, but set the example to the believers in your speech, life, love, faith, and purity." I love that verse. It's a great youth ministry verse. Jeff took it from the view that we are to be radical in the way we love God and love others. When people see us, they are going to know that we are Believers. We aren't going to let our actions not match our words. Whether you are taking out the trash or doing your homework, you are going to do it for the glory of God. Jeff is very passionate when he speaks because he sees such an urgency to show kids the truth of God and His Word.
Jeff talked a little bit about his past and how he was always the kid causing trouble. I've talked to him a little bit before about it too. And when God forgave Jeff of his sins, Jeff had more than his fair share of sins to be forgiven for. And so he sees how important it is for kids to live out their faith and not to see the Christian faith as a game. I loved his talk this morning, and I got a lot out of it. And I think that the kids did too.

No comments: