Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Camp Tejas

I've been super busy the last couple of weeks, and haven't been able to keep up with the blog. I'll catch up over the next couple of days. I'm going to start with Camp Tejas. I went to the Kidz camp from August 5-9 as a counselor for some of the 5th grade boys. I only had a few of them. I do this every year to get to know some of the kids who are coming up to the 6th grade with us.
Here are my top 13 things that happened at Camp Tejas.

1. Silent Football. We played Silent Football almost every night. We had another church in our cabin who learned it with us, and it was super fun playing it with them.

2. Zack and Aaron were in my cabin. These were 2 of the youth who were helpers in my cabin. They both did a great job and were a ton of fun throughout the week.

3. The 5th Grade boys. These guys were pretty crazy, and I'm excited about them coming up. I had Logan, Josh, Jacob, Chris, Isaac, and Dusty in our cabin.

4. Logan winning the Robot competition. We had a robot dance competition, and Logan was the winner.

5. The Water Zip-Line. It was super-fun, and I made it all the way to the end, which made me pretty happy.

6. The Slide. They had an inflatable slide that went into the lake. Besides cutting my arm and hurting my knee (dang, I'm getting old) I had a great time on this slide. I was also the fastest in the cabin when we had a sliding tournament.

7. The Pool. The pool is awesome. It has a huge slide. It has a lazy river. It has a diving board. I think it's awesome when a fat guy can do a back flip, so I did those a lot. Plus I did many, many belly flops.

8. Black Light Night. One of the activities was a black light night where we played a bunch of games under some black lights. I put some sound to one of the videos, so I was glad to see that even though I wasn't super happy about the outcome. We had dancing competitions. It was a lot of fun.

9. Brian's Messages. Our Children's Pastor was the Camp Pastor and he does a great job communicating to the kids. He's a great story-teller and can put God's truth into the kids' heads by telling stories. Throughout the week, many kids accepted Christ.

10. Worship. Pastor Tim led worship, but he used Gideon and Emilio from the youth. It was awesome seeing those guys up there. Gideon even got to lead on a few songs.

11. Gideon shaved his head. He always had kinda shaggy hair. But one day something happened and he decided to shave it to the skin. It actually looks pretty good on him. His head did get sunburned though.

(While I'm writing this, Parker is pooping, and I guess he's struggling with it because his face is turning red and he's grunting. It's hilarious)

12. Canoeing and Kayaking. Aaron and Zack flipped their kayak. Chris and I went around the whole lake and it was just super fun.

13. Mud Night. This was my favorite part of the week. They have a huge dirt pit that they turned into mud. We played all kinds of games in the mud, like Simon Says. In one game I got buried. I was covered from hair to toe in mud. I love getting dirty, and this was so much fun.

Camp Tejas was a great week. We had so much fun and got to hang out with some great kids. We saw God do some great things in the kids' lives.

No comments: