Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mission Impact Day 2

The second day of Mission Impact went really good. We started off at Brighton Gardens which is an assisted living facility in the Quarry. We played bingo with the residents. It was way fun. I was the caller. I had one heckler who kept telling me to hurry up. I had never been a bingo caller before, so I wasn't sure how long I was supposed to wait between numbers, but apparently this lady thought I was taking too long.
All of the kids had a resident partner that they would help play bingo. I think they all had a lot of fun and they got to share stories with the folks who live there. There was on particular old man that everybody liked who was in his 80's. They asked him what he did, and he told us that he chased all the women around here. He had a great personality and was super fun.
That afternoon we went to Woodlawn Park and helped clean up the lake. We pulled tires, boards, food, and a ton of trash out of the lake. It's amazing how much trash can get up along the shore. It was a hot day, but all of the kids did great and worked hard.

No comments: