Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Random Thoughts

These are just some random thoughts I've been having lately based on some conversations I've been a part of.

First, why do people get so upset when somebody disagrees with them theologically (not something prime, but a secondary theology). People can think 2 separate ways on a specific outlook on God and they can be totally opposites. Both sides can back up their thoughts with Scripture. And instead of getting along, people get so mad and defensive. I know it's because they take their faith in God so seriously, but some things are spelled out word for word in the Bible. Maybe some things that we take so seriously in the Bible aren't in there because God would rather us take the things He did spell out in the Bible more seriously. For instance, that whole loving the orphans and widows thing.

Second, does my one vote really matter. More than likely, my state is going to go for McCain (I'm still not sure which way I'm going to go for this year). When I was in California, the state went for Gore and for Kerry. My vote or Bush really didn't matter. If you know already which way a state is going to go, and you disagree, does your vote really matter at all. It means more I guess in the states where it could go either way like in Ohio or Florida. This came after talking to a friend who said he didn't want to vote because he didn't like either choice.

Why do girls get perfume that smells like flowers. I've never really smelled a perfume fragrance that I liked. If they made perfume smell like rain, freshly mowed grass, or chocolate chip cookies, I think guys would like it better.

When do you get to that age when you don't get to say what you're going to be when you grow up. I have a friend who is 42 and keeps talking about what he's going to do when he grows up. I'm like, dude, you should be there.

I'm excited about college football starting this weekend. I just hope that it's as exciting as last year. Teams I want to win: OU, Cal, Michigan, Oregon, Penn State, Rutgers. Teams I want to lose: Texas, Texas Tech, USC, Missouri, Boise State, LSU, Florida, Notre Dame, Kansas.

No comments: