Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sunday Morning Impact

This was promotion Sunday for us at Harvest. We have a new crop of 6th Graders coming up. I'm excited about them all being here. I think they are going to bring a lot of excitement and energy to our group. We played a couple of games with the kids. One was a get-to-know you game. The other was a game where they blew q-tips through a straw and tried to knock off another team's crown (which was a paper cup on somebody's head). I love that game.
Gideon led worship and did a great job.
I spoke to the kids about the purpose of our ministry and the things that we have going on. I talked to them about our heart for serving people around us. I talked about worship and how we strive to be like God. I talked about fellowship and how we want the Jr. high ministry to be a place where they feel safe and feel that they can bring friends. Overall, I think it was a great week to start this new year.

No comments: