Monday, January 21, 2008

Gay Jesus?

This is a ridiculous article. There is now a play called, "Corpus Christi," that is about Jesus and the other disciples being gay. It's as if people are just looking for a way to offend anybody who follows Jesus. The play was written by a gay man from Texas, and it's supposed to symbolize his life growing up in Texas.
There are 2 things that I automatically think about this. First, I know we are to love everybody, but it makes me so mad when people mock Jesus, just to be offensive. Jesus came to love people and show us how to be more like God. He created us and he loves us, but people show such disrespect to him.
Second, I think this writer has some serious hurts that were caused by people he saw to be Christians while he was growing up in Texas. Because of these hurts, he wrote a play blaspheming Jesus (apparantly to get back at Christians). We need to realize that how we treat people and each other can have a huge amount of impact on a person's life, good and bad. Unbelievers aren't to be held to the same standards that Believers are to be held to. Why should they follow a book about a God they don't even believe in. We first need to love people, and let God be the judge. I knew a lot of homosexuals in San Francisco who were good people, but many hated Christians because of how they were treated. I hate that! I hate that somebody who is a follower of Christ treated them bad, because I think Jesus would have sat at this play writer's table and had a meal with him and shown him love. I think Jesus would have had a conversation with this man and spoke truth to this man.
I hope that we can watch out on jokes that we say. I hope that we can be careful of our judgmental views. And instead of focusing on somebody's sin, focus on the fact that Jesus loves this person as much as he loves me, and because of that I should love this person as well.
(Mark 12:28-31)

No comments: