Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Turning

Last night we had The Turning come in and do a concert for us. They are going to be our worship band for Beach Blast, so we were super excited that they could come out and do a show for us and let the kids get to know them a little bit. Their cd is called "Learning to Lose."

I bought it on I-Tunes last week, and it's very good. It's a lot mellower than most things I listen to, but they are great musicians and great songwriters. (By the way, cd's are always cheaper on I-Tunes than stores like Best Buy or Walmart and definitely cheaper than Family Christian)

I was a lot more interested in listening to their worship, since that is what they will be doing for us at Beach Blast. They were great. I think that was their real talent. They were able to do some songs that the kids knew, but they did it in a way that was different. I really loved their worship leading. The guys were great guys too. I spent some time with them during the afternoon, and I think they'll be great hanging out with the kids and getting to know them this summer.

Speaking of Beach Blast, we have several ways that kids can raise money and do some fund-raising. Just let us know if you need help with it.

No comments: