Saturday, January 5, 2008

Junior High Ministry

I'm a junior high pastor in San Antonio. I love doing this. They have so much energy, and they'll basically do anything you ask. "Drink a soda with somebody else's sweaty sock covering it." And they do it. And they like it. They're a lot of fun. Also, they still think even a guy as old and dorky as I am is still a little cool. But also, we get to set a set of values that will stay with them as they are developing who they are. Most people who accept Jesus as Christ do this before they are 14. This is a very important time in the spiritual development of kids. So I get a chance to help develop that. I'll talk about things that God is teaching me. I'll tell stories of kids in the group. I'll tell jokes that I think are funny. I'll pass along information about junior high kids for parents. Hopefully, you'll find something interesting and useful for you.

No comments: