Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday Morning Impact



I feel like today was just an average Sunday morning at Impact. We started off with a game called scalp. All the kids were given a piece of masking tape and we put it on their shoulders. One kid was the scalper and he had to take the tape off their shoulder. Once their tape was off they also became scalpers. This kept happening until there was only one person left. The game ended up taking too long, and we ended it with about 5 winners, which was fine.
Nathan Kieth led worship. I think this was only the second time that I heard him lead worship and he did a great job. The girl singers with Nathan were also amazing.
I did a little opener about laziness and about how I hate ants in my yard. But we can learn from ants cause they definately aren't lazy. Then we broke up into small groups. I didn't like the lesson much, because I would rather talk about Jesus a little more. But it was a good topic for kids. I know I was pretty lazy when I was in junior high. Hopefully, we were able to bring out how God wants us to be and how not being lazy is a good quality that God would like us to have.

No comments: