Thursday, January 31, 2008

God Still Loves Us


A couple of weekends ago, Suzy and I went and saw the first movie we'd seen in probably 8 months. It was "I am Legend." I really liked this movie. Suzy got scared though. Last night, I had a dream that the dark people were chasing me and I kept using a camera flash to keep them away. It was a pretty cool dream.
But because of that dream, I've been running through the movie in my head. I like to think about what I would do if I was the last person on earth. Where would I go? What would I do? What would I drive? I'd probably drive a Ferrari. I'd probably go somewhere that has roller coasters. I'd probably live in Marin County, because I think it's beautiful there and they have big houses.
But during the movie I saw a common thread about God. In the beginning there was a poster that said, "God still Love us." At first I was like, oh great, they're going to try to show that because of all the bad things that are happening, God doesn't care for us and isn't there for us. Towards the end, though, they really showed that, yes, God does love us and cares for us and wants to help us. We're just not listening to Him. We're caught up in our own ways. And when Will Smith finally started listening to God he was able to help save mankind. I'm interested to see if anybody else thinks the movie had this underlying message through it or not.
So, today I came across this website called godstilllovesus.org. It started out as a marketing site from Time Warner to help promote interest in the movie. But instead it has become a forum where people can talk about strong issues. I was reading some about homosexuality and God. It was very interesting stuff from both perspectives of conservative Christians and homosexual atheists. There are a ton of different forums that discuss a wide range of issues that people are concerned about from a theological viewpoint. This site has morphed into something that even the creators aren't sure what's going on. It's very cool though to look at these things from different people's eyes. And everybody is pretty respectful of others' thoughts. There are occasional f-bombs, but that's to be expected with people who think and act differently than the typical Church person.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello my name is Scarlet, I love this. I am reading this in March of 2021, I was just watching I Am Legend on Netflix and I noticed that poster as well, so I decided to look this up and lucky me I wasn't the only one who thought of the irony of that poster and what was going on in the world of I Am Legend.I don't know... I don't really have much to say but because this seems to have been posted in 2008 ( I was 3) it feels like I'm talking to someone in the past so that's cool. I also love your ' About Me' Description. But this post touched my heart, and I hope you're living your best life. God Bless You! <3

Unknown said...

Hello my name is Scarlet, I love this. I am reading this in March of 2021, I was just watching I Am Legend on Netflix and I noticed that poster as well, so I decided to look this up and lucky me I wasn't the only one who thought of the irony of that poster and what was going on in the world of I Am Legend.I don't know... I don't really have much to say but because this seems to have been posted in 2008 ( I was 3) it feels like I'm talking to someone in the past so that's cool. I also love your ' About Me' Description. But this post touched my heart, and I hope you're living your best life. God Bless You! <3