Sunday, January 6, 2008

Jr. High Impact

Today was a pretty good weekend for us at Impact. We started off with a game, where all the kids had to put clothespins on their sleeves. When we started some music, they had to take the clothespins off of their sleeves and try to pin them to others. Whoever had the least amount of clothespins on their clothes was the winner. I like games that gets everybody involved.
Gideon led worship this morning. I really think this guy has a gift for leading worship that comes straight from God. He does a great job. It was an acoustic set this morning, and it was very cool. It's a good change to mellow things out every once in a while. The only thing is that I'm kinda tired of "I can sing of Your love Forever." I could sing to God forever, as long as it's not that song.
I spoke this morning about Zaccheus. I think his story is a good one for New Years because there is such a huge change in his life. I talked about how people saw Zaccheus and how people were mad that Jesus was going to his house. I told them that we need to try to see people how God sees them. We also need to see ourselves as God sees us. When we start believeing lies that people tell us about ourselves, such as we're stupid, no good, an accident, then we aren't listening to what God is telling us we really are. We're listening to lies instead of the truth that God has given us, and we aren't living up to the purpose God created us for. I ended up talking for a lot longer than I was expecting, which is bad, but I thought it went pretty well. Overall, I think it was a good Sunday morning at Impact.

No comments: