Monday, January 21, 2008

Sunday Morning Impact


We had a good Sunday morning yesterday. We started with a game. 2 boys and 2 girls went against each other. Both people were blindfolded. One person had 5 clothespins put on their shirt sleeves. The other person, after we said go, had to take them off with their mouth. Neither person could see, and it was fun to watch them trying to find it with their mouths. The boys ended up winning.
Gideon led worship this week. He really has a great talent at playing music, but he has a gift for leading us into worship. I always enjoy it when he leads worship.
Elizabeth Kieslich spoke about being a hero. She started out with this video.


I forgot all about the Greatest American Hero. It sure is funny. I think I'm going to have to rent the series. But her whole talk was about God given us the power to change the world if we are willing and available.
At Christmas, I gave all the junior high student leaders this book. And Elizabeth used it for her talk a little bit. This was written by a 15 year old boy who has helped raise half a million dollars to help end slavery. Elizabeth talked about other young people through the Bible who God used to do amazing things. Then she even talked about other young people through history who have done amazing things. She tied in Martin Luther King Day and everything, and it was all layered and intertwined with scripture. She was very passionate about this subject and I think she did a great job. I hope our students know that they can do amazing things with God's help. I hope they find what they are passionate about. I didn't know much about modern-day slavery until about 2 years ago. And since then, I have been wanting to find out more and more about it, and what I can do to help end it.
Overall, I think this was a great Sunday morning, and the kids seemed to have learned a lot about God's plan. I hope they continue to look for ways that God can use them.

No comments: