Tuesday, March 11, 2008

13 Jobs I would Suck at

I just came across a girl's blog today that I thought was very interesting. And she had a bunch of lists of 13 things, similar to John Cusack's Top 5 lists in High Fidelity. So I thought I would jump on this bandwagon because it seemed like fun. So I'm going to start with 13 jobs that I would suck at.

1. Accountant--I hate numbers and I hate detail. I would rip out all of my hair if I had to sit at a desk all day and count money I don't get to keep and watch for other people's mistakes with finances. By the way, my dad is an accountant.

2. Circus Acrobat--This could go for almost anything in the circus: tightrope walker, lion tamer...but definitely the trapeze acrobats. One, I'm too fat to hold myself up and swing like that. Two, I'm too nervous that I would drop the girl. Even if there was a net, I don't think I would like this job.

3. Beauty Salon Worker--I get tired of old women telling stories that have no point. The temptation to cut their ears would be too much for me.

4. Air Traffic Controller--I don't need a job with a lot of stress. I don't need a job where I have to pay attention all the time. I'm a dreamer, and I need the freedom. I don't want to be responsible for a plane crash because I was thinking about how Chucky Cheese got his name.

5. Administrative Assistant--I see what Sharlette has to do every day. I'm not organized (even though today I cleaned and organized my office...but it had been about 8 months since I had done that).

6. Taxi Driver--I have too much road rage. Driving all day would put me over the edge where I would have to strangle somebody. This could also go for truck driving and pizza delivery man.

7. Fast Food Worker--I did it for a couple of days in college. It's more fun eating than preparing it for somebody else. Plus it isn't good for me to be around that many McNuggetts. (I worked at Wendys though)

8. Insurance--Really any aspect. If somebody called in a claim, I believe everybody's story and I have a lot of compassion, so I'd just give out the money (especially since it's not my money). I also couldn't sell it, because I have a hard time lying to people. This also brings me to number 9.

9. Salesman--I'm a pretty honest guy, so it would be hard for me to sell somebody something that I know they don't need. Plus, if they said "no," I'd quit because I don't like to be pushy.

10. Underwear model--Not only would nobody want to see that, I would be too uncomfortable standing in front of a bunch of cameras in my boxers.

11. Classical Pianist--I would bore myself.

12. Chemist--Too much math and science. I would just want to mix chemicals to see which ones would make an explosion. This could be the reason I was so disappointed when I took Chem. in high school. No explosions, only math. Needless to say, I didn't do too well in that class.

13. Judge--I don't think I could be very partial. I think the hanging judge Parker is somewhere in my lineage, and I think I would hand out the death penalty too frequently (even though I don't agree with it). But, if I saw some dumb jerk head who came in and mistreated a 5-year old girl...I think I would want him in the chair. Plus, when I watch divorce court, I always switch my view depending on who spoke last...


That was fun, so I think I'll do more of these

No comments: