Thursday, March 20, 2008

Wed. Night Impact



Last night was a very cool night. We had a couple of youth groups visiting us, and one of them was our former jr. high worker's, Ryan Vernon, group from Midland, Texas. I spoke to jr. high and Jerry spoke to the high school.
I spoke about Jesus' story. I used John 3:16-17. What did his story say about him? First, Jesus' story said that God loves us. Second, Jesus is a savior. John 3:17 says that Jesus came to save the world and not to condemn it. Jesus wants us to live a life that is full of joy, not one of self-doubt and guilt. So many times, believers beat themselves up about sin and failures in their christian life. Jesus didn't come to condemn us. He wants us to live a life of joy. This doesn't mean that we are going to be as happy as bunnies every day, but we will be happy with where we are. Some of the most faithful people in history had hard lives. They lived without possessions, they were imprisoned, they were beaten...and yet they still had so much joy in their lives.
I ended by talking about the kids' own personal story. What do they want their story to say to the world? Is their life saying that now? What do they need to do to get their story to say what they want.
I want my story to say that I love God, and I love people. I want it to say that I helped to end modern day slavery. I want it to say that I love kids. I know I'm not there yet, but I hope I will be someday.

No comments: