Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Dreams


I have very vivid dreams. Most every night I have dreams and I can remember them in them morning. Sometimes I'll be walking around and something will catch my eye and remind me of a dream that I had forgotten about. (Even last night I had a very vivid dream that I thought was real when I woke up for a minute)
The two best dreams that I can remember were very special. One of them, I was in a Roadrunner and Coyote cartoon. The roadrunner was chasing me through the desert. Everything was a cartoon. This was the best dream I ever had. The second best dream I ever had was one that everybody was singing everything, like a musical. Nobody could talk. If anybody wanted to communicate they had to sing. I don't remember how any of the songs go, but I can still remember people in my dream who were singing, mostly friends from college.
The worst dream I ever had was one where I was just standing in a line that wasn't moving. I was in a building, standing in the back of a line that didn't move. I never got closer to the front. I hate lines. This is my nightmare. If I dream about monsters or ghosts, I love them, but if I dream about standing in line, I get all tense. Luckily, this dream is not reoccurring.
I don't know what I think about dreams. Some say that you can tell the future. Some say that they will tell you how you really are in your subconscious. Some say that God talks to them and shows them things through dreams. I have a friend who is a missionary in a very Muslim country. She says that the way most of the people she works with convert is when they have a dream from God. She prays for the people there for God to speak to them through dreams. I know a guy who was heavily involved with the Church of Satan, and one night he had a dream that changed him from a Satan worshiper to a Christian. Dreams are powerful.
Anyways, this post is about nothing except that I've been thinking about the dream that I had last night. I don't know if I should try to get meaning out if, or maybe it was because I ate too later, or what.
What are the best and worst dreams that you can remember. Are they funny? Are they sad? Did you believe they were real when you woke up the next morning. Let me know, because I find this stuff fascinating.

No comments: