Friday, March 21, 2008

13 People in History I would like to Have Dinner With

This is the people who have died that I would have like to have met and had a conversation with over dinner. Also, we can all speak the same language, because some of the people don't necessarily speak English. I'm not going to put any Biblical characters because there would be way more than 13.

1. Chris Farley--I really went through the stages of grief when I heard that he was found dead.







2. Mother Teresea--She seems like such a great lady, and the world is a better place because she was here. I hope the same can be said about me at the end of my life.










3. Benjamin Franklin--He seems like a likable fellow.








4. Mark Twain--I think he's witty, and I'm sure he would be great to listen and talk to.

5. Babe Ruth






6. St. Francis of Assisi--The guy San Francisco was named after. This guy really did a lot of good, and had a fascinating theology. Plus, I think he ran around naked a lot (but when we eat together, he would be wearing clothes)




7. Martin Luther--Again, this guy had so much to do with the way we approach God today





8. Socrates--Things we take for granted as far as philosophy goes, he came up with it. I would need him to dumb down his conversation for me a few steps, I'm sure.






9. Al Capone--I really like 40's gangster stuff. I think it would be fun to listen to his stories about his mafia stuff and his days in Alcatraz.






10. Constantine--The Roman emperor who made it the Holy Roman Empire. This guy made Christianity the religion of the Roman Empire after seeing a symbol in a cloud.





11. Joey Ramone--It would be cool to talk with the inventor of American punk rock. Plus it would be fun to talk to a guy who looks so much like a bird.





12. Bruce Lee--I wonder if he could teach me to punch as hard as he can




13. Martin Luther King--Good man. Another person that made the world a better place.







Interestingly (to me anyways), I would mainly want to sit and listen to all of these people's stories. With the alive people I would rather dialogue a little bit. Maybe it's because with the alive people, I feel that we can impact each other to make a small difference in each other's life. Every conversation and contact we have has the potential to bring some change or knowledge to us. But with people who are already dead, there would be no need to change their lives. I won't have any impact on them, so it would be more fun for them to have an impact on me and just for me to sit and learn and listen to their stories.

No comments: